Refered nerve signal

Posted , 3 users are following.

What ive developed is utterly bizzare ,i woke up on dec 2016 with tingling in my feet within hours to my knees then both hands ive had tingling none stop not a second without it in 33 months ,around 6 months into it i noticed everything i touched sends a second nerve signal into my right foot like a refered itch but none stop its everything i touch or anyone touches me or i sneeze whatever i do my body will send a second signal like as i type it feels like dots through the tingling in my feet if i wave it will across the nerves in my foot if i rub my fingers together i will feel similar in my foot always the right ,i dont know what has happened to me its like a short circuit ,drs dont even listen ,ive had so many tests all normal so im left this way the tingling is absolutely horrific to live with no neuro can explain such acute onset i was perfectly healthy before this happened

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

How ols are you and are you able to walk and work ? Presumably you had nerve conduction tests and did you have any genetic testing for more obscure conditions. Had you been prescribed Cipro or Fluoroquinolone antibiotics at any time even quite far back as effects can later be triggered by other things.

• Posted

hi derek im 43 ive had 4 mris over two years 2 emg 4 nerve studies numerous bloods all normal i just have none stop sensory symptoms in all my limbs and a refered 2nd signal none stop into my right foot its like my nervous system got injured and has rewired itself somehow ,i took cipro bk in 2013 this happened dec 16 i cant see it being anything from then but even if it was how can it be fixed

• Posted

I was given Cipro three times between 2011 and 2013 each time I stopped after a about three days as it gave me tendonitis and neuropathy in my lower left leg . The tendonitis went but the neuropathy lingered on. Then I was prescribed Bisoprolol and I had all sorts of problems walking with unsteady gait and weakness and the neuropathy in my lower left leg worsened . After stopping it it abated but did not go away. Some time later I was prescribed the antibiotic Clarithromycin that gave me more problems and worsened the neuropathy again. Later over a weekend four years ago I suddenly developed an unsteady gait and balance problems as the neuropathy worsened and it has stayed like that. I've had all kinds of tests, scans and MRI's and even a diagnosis of CMT.

If you google floxie hope you will find a site for this condition and the moderator open this forum for us.

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/fluoroquinolone-toxicity-syndrome-427305

• Posted

With Cipro and the other fluoroquinolones it sometimes happens that they cause some damage that isn't noticed but then, months or years later, you take some other drug like a steroid (or even a NSAID like Ibuprofen) and it kicks off some kind of reaction. So, it could be that this is a latent reaction to Cipro (which famously sets off neuropathic problems) but you will never be sure and no doctor would believe this was the cause anyway. They don't want to know as they have no idea what to do about it. Can you think back to when it started and whether you took any pills of any kind around that time? Or did anything significant happen around then?

Always assuming this is a neuropathic problem, of course - but it sounds like it could be. You could try supplementing with multiminerals (including magnesium) and vitamins and antioxidants (especially Vit B6 and B12). Look at the link Derek suggested and find one of the sites (floxie hope is good) to get a better idea of what supplements to take for your symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.